Our attorneys’ collective professional experience includes the following specific matters:
- Represented numerous clients in Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution (UDRP) cases, including multiple software companies, a residential service company and a super-regional banking company.
- Managed trademark portfolio in multiple countries for Internet security technology start-up company and assisted with IP due diligence for three rounds of private equity investment.
- Coordinated IP protection strategy for group of privately held entertainment related companies.
- Advised Internet start-up company regarding cost effective ways to protect and strategically position its IP assets.
- Coordinated and filed entire United States trademark portfolio for multiple pharmaceutical companies.
- Consulted for furniture design company regarding provisional patent application strategies.
- Assisted with IP due diligence for sale of media company.
- Developed trademark strategy for existing international shoe company entering the United States market.
- Managed United States patent portfolio for Latin American-based company.
- Managed United States IP portfolio for Canadian-based technology company.
- Managed United States IP portfolio for European-based healthcare company.
- Established United States customs and anti-piracy programs.
- Assisted domestic and European clients with franchising businesses.
- Assisted with global licensing and enforcement programs of patented inventions.
- Managed national and global trademark and patent portfolios.
- Policed online trademark infringement and domain name abuses.
- Drafted domestic and global publishing agreements, settlements, releases, licenses of intellectual property across industries.
Litigation/ Dispute Resolution
- Represented plaintiff in patent infringement litigation involving mattress pad technology. Case settled.
- Represented plaintiff in patent infringement litigation involving motors and hard-disk drives. Client was able to reach favorable settlements with defendants.
- Represented defendants in trademark infringement litigation involving the use of color on woodworking and metal working machines. Case settled.
- Represented defendants in patent infringement involving motors and hard-disk drives found in virtually all personal computers.
- Represented plaintiff in patent infringement litigation involving airbag technology for automobiles. Case settled.
- Represented plaintiff before American Arbitration Association and Federal Court in patent infringement litigation involving the technology of molded airbag covers involving 28 patents. Case settled.
- Represented opposers in oppositions before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board involving such varying industries as software, insurance, television related equipment; mechanical devices, pharmaceuticals, and holiday decorations.